Mold spores are in the air, both inside and outside. Most of the time, this is nothing to worry about. Mold can sprout on almost any surface of our homes if the temperature is just right, there is a food source, and there is water.
But, if no one stops the mold growth, it can cause a lot of trouble in your home. Mold can hurt your health and destroy the things it eats, like wood and paper. Unfortunately, many people have the wrong ideas about mold and how to deal with it.
So, Carmel’s Mold Removal Experts sort out what’s true and what’s not about molds and offer solutions that work. Read on to learn more.
Interestingly, it isn’t the situation at all. The results of a mold test in your Carmel home can give you a rough idea of how much mold is present and what kinds of mold are growing in a particular area. Even though it is helpful to know the mold you’re dealing with (there are over 100,000 different kinds! ), identifying the type of mold is not that necessary.
Testing is costly and may not provide useful information due to the lack of health-based safety regulations for mold levels. The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) does not advise frequent sampling for molds, and it is usually not required to identify the species of mold because it must be eliminated. Testing can be pricey, and there are currently no set criteria for determining what constitutes a sufficient sample size for testing mold.
Contrary to popular belief, the color of mold has little bearing on its hazardous potential. However, certain molds might release harmful chemicals called mycotoxins, depending on the circumstances. Unfortunately, it’s unclear which molds are responsible for making these toxic chemicals, and even those capable of releasing dangerous chemicals don’t always do so.
This is also not the case. While bleach effectively kills mold, it does a poor job of eliminating it and can harm your health if inhaled. Scrubbing with soap and water can effectively remove mold from hard surfaces, which is safer and more efficient than harsh chemicals. Mold on porous materials like drywall or carpet cannot be cleaned with bleach; in this case, you must get rid of the infected material.
Bleach is only needed if the mold is caused by moisture from sewage. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cups of bleach per water gallon in this situation. Scrub the area and let the bleach solution sit on it for at least half an hour before rinsing it off. After that, dry the area thoroughly.
Wrong! Even if you can’t smell mold, it’s still possible that it’s present because the odor is just one of the indicators that it’s there. Visual inspection is the primary basis. Even if you can’t detect any mold odor, it’s still a good idea to look for it in the most likely areas in your Carmel home, such as your basement. Knowing about any roof or plumbing leaks is a smart starting point. The same is true for the kitchen, the garage, the attic, and the storage area under the sink.
Chemicals, air filters, and paints designed to kill mold are helpful but only short-term solutions. Even if they manage to eliminate the mold, it will grow again unless the source of the moisture is fixed.
Mold needs moisture to grow, which can come from different sources. It must be dried out quickly within 24-48 hours when something becomes wet to prevent mold growth. High humidity, windows condensation, leaking pipes or roofs, and damp basements are the most prevalent causes of water damage leading to mold growth. Understanding the truth behind these mold myths can help you take the first steps toward resolving your mold problems.
If you suspect a mold outbreak in your home, immediately contact a company for mold removal in Carmel, NY. Go to Carmel’s Mold Removal Experts, the #1 mold removal and remediation company in the area. They’ve been serving Carmel residents and commercial establishments for over 20 years. They’ve got the expertise, proper tools, and equipment to remove the mold permanently.